Website Universal Plant Services
Tank Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Deer Park, TX, United States|
|Company||Universal Plant Services|
Universal Plant Services (a Jones Industrial Holdings company) is the largest comprehensive specialty service provider for the energy industry, it provides maintenance, repairs, and installs services for rotating, fixed, reciprocating and electrical equipment.
The company is looking for an experienced Tank Welder who is responsible for reading and understanding a variety of drawings to fabricate, construct, repair, and modify various AST (Aboveground Storage Tanks).
The welder also assists in tasks related to weldings such as fit-up, preparation, repair, inspection, and post-weld preparation.
The welder will also be asked to assist with general site work such as loading and unloading equipment and materials, site clean-up and prep, mobilization to and demobilization from the job site, and scaffolding erection.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a three-position SMAW and three-position FCAW weld test
- The candidates should have experience in the AST industry
- Communicate regularly with the Field Foreman with regard to issues and concerns on the job site
- Comply with Universal Plant Service safety policies ad quality programs
- Efficiently produce quality welds
- Follow welding procedure specifications when welding
- Maintain a reliable attendance record
- Perform general repair and construction tasks
- Perform or assist with fit-up and preparation of welds
- Perform or assist with post-weld cleanup, inspection, and repair
- Read prints and follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to kneel, squat, climb, and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Must be able to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods
- Must be committed to safety and quality
- Must have transportation to and from the job site
- Ability to fit all types of standard tank appurtenances
- Ability to use large welding rods in all required positions in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to utilize automatic cutting torch and automatic welding equipment
- Effectively use an arc gouge and hand torch
- Maintain 95% or greater pass rate on all welds
- Must be DOT OQ qualified (AOCF/PMT)
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit universalplant.com.