Website Dearing Compressor & Pump Co
TIG Pipe Roto-Welder Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Pipe Roto-Welder|
|Location||Youngstown, OH, United States|
Dearing Compressor & Pump Co. is an industry leader and distributor of industrial compressed air and packager of specialized air and gas systems.
The company is seeking a TIG Pipe Roto-Welder who will prepare pipe and related fittings for the automated welding process.
Fits pipe run segments and full pipe runs and welds pipe using the automated Rotoweld system by performing the following duties.
- The applicants should have a 1-year certificate from college or technical school or related experience and training
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
This automated welding process is set up to include 4 specific roles.
Role #1 – Prep (Two people: one cuts and other preps fittings
- Helps load machine, loads and transports trailer, readies finished product for transport
- Operates cutting torches and barrel burners to cut, burn and bevel pipe. Also operates saw and bevel machine.
- Packages pipe and fittings for jobs to be run.
- Reviews and interpret prints and cut list to determine the optimized flow of work.
- Reviews and interprets pipe nesting sheets on a job by job basis.
Role #2 – Fit up and Tack
- Fits up pipe and fittings and tack welds using TIG welding.
- Properly prepares pipe and fittings for welding.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and fabricates parts to the drawings.
Role #3 – Rotoweld Operator
- Maintains constant throughput when the Rotoweld automated welding machine is operating.
- Operates the Rotoweld automated welding machine.
- Sets up pipe segments to be run on alternating trolley carriages so that one pipe segment is being welded on carriage #1 while the second is being set up for welding on carriage #2.
Additional Responsibilities for All the Roles
- Follow labeling procedures and transfer information such as heat numbers and other data.
- Follows equipment maintenance routines on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Follows organizational procedures for material, work in progress, and completed parts.
- Operates overhead crane and forklift.
- Participates in routine shop cleaning, keeping work areas clean and organized.
- Perform visual inspections of all workpieces to ensure quality.
- Work as a unit and assist other crew members, as needed, to maintain the flow of work and achieve job hour and timeline goals.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read blueprints and use simple math skills
- Must be able to work as a team
- 401K retirement plan
- 9 paid holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability
Dearing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, military status, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected classification.
To apply for this job please visit dearingcompressor.applytojob.com.