Website Chart Industries
TIG Welder Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Welder (2nd shift)|
|Location||Canton, GA, United States|
Chart Industries focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is hiring for our Ball Ground Campus. It currently has production openings for 2nd shift TIG Welding for individuals interested in working for a global company. The skilled workforce here incorporates the highest levels of engineering technology, superb craftsmanship, and first-class quality into every product we design and fabricate.
The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
- The candidates should have 1+ years of TIG welding skills
- Experience interpreting blueprints and bill of materials (BOM)
- Assume responsibility and care of assigned tools and equipment
- Determines type and gauge of steel to be welded making appropriate adjustments, as required, on large thickness variations
- Maintains a clean work area and general housekeeping standards, such as care for assigned tools and proper disposal of hazardous waste
- May be required to perform mass spec and visual inspections meeting stringent visual requirements
- Performs all tasks to ISO standards and requirements
- Performs TIG welding activities, including hand welding and material handling equipment, under general supervision
- Understands and practices established safety and quality standard procedures, including utilization of chemical solutions to clean containers
- Updates and maintains all required documentation associated with job responsibilities
- Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels, as well as correct components installed on the finished product
- Welds metal parts on fixtures including attaching jigs and clamps to hold metal parts in a proper position
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Familiarity with ISO procedures
- Knowledge or experience working with Chart products
- Ability to pass 3G vertical full pen weld test
- Attention to detail essential
- Basic math skills (weight measurement, volume, distance, multiplication, and division)
- Self-starter capable of managing workload under minimal direction and supervision
- Proven ability to identify, reason, and problem solve minor non-conformities and deviations
- Overtime and weekend hours, as needed
The company offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability leave, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, shift differential, and more.
Chart Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.