Website Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Tool and Die Maker/Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Tool and Die Maker/Welder|
|Location||Dallastown, PA, United States|
|Company||Kratos Defense and Security Solutions|
Kratos develops and fields transformative, affordable systems, platforms, and products for national security and communications needs. The company is focused on areas where tech advances can have a force multiplier effect, such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, C4ISR, warfighter training, and combat systems.
The company is searching for a Tool and Die Maker/Welder who will set up and operate various types of machines and equipment to fabricate tooling and fixtures to be used to produce piece parts and shelters and to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
- The prospective applicants should be a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of on-the-job experience in all phases of tool and fixture making
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability in all phases and types of welding, brazing, etc.
- Must have a background in the use of all types of fabricating equipment, and rigging tech
- All level positions may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, and cleaning, and various other assignments as needed.
- Assists with and or constructs templates, tools, dies, shop aids, and fixtures, some layout required.
- Assists with and or performs repairs to templates, tools, dies, fixtures, and shop aids.
- Assists with or repairs machines and equipment as required or requested by the Maintenance dept.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs operations that will include boring, counterboring, turning, tapping, threading, milling, drilling, reaming, broaching, knurling, cutting, sawing, grinding cutting, sharpening, chamfering, debuting.
- Receives instructions verbally or from layouts and detailed tool drawings and blueprints.
- Uses various measuring and inspection equipment, tools, and machines to verify work.
- Will be required to set up and operate all types of machines required to fabricate tooling, dies, and fixtures; including lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, surface grinder, shaper, tool grinder, radial drill. Welding machines, various bench-mounted equipment, and all types of hand tools both electric and air operated.
- Will produce pieces or parts for prototypes as well as machine and building maintenance parts or assembly as needed.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required. Will be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other departments in the shop as needed or required by the shop workload
Other Job Functions-
- Duties, objectives, and results are generally specified and in accordance with well-defined policies/procedures or precedence.
- May exercise leadership in a workgroup by giving advice, guidance, direction, and training to junior staff; maintaining quality, accuracy, the quantity of work of others. May function as team leader of a small group on a small project.
- Some interpretation of data is needed and requires modification or refinement of established analytical techniques to clarify the issue
- Tasks are varied and moderately complex, judgment may be required to adapt standard procedures to resolve problems.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for completeness and accuracy. Works closely with tool design and planning Depts.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to read and understand all types of measuring and inspection tools as applied to tool and fixture making
- Basic knowledge of shop math
- Fraction and Decimal conversion
- Intermediate Blueprint reading
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Office environment
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/ADD and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – minorities, females, vets, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit kratosdefense.submit4jobs.com.