Website Hubbell Incorporated
Tool & Die Maker Job Highlights
|Title||Tool & Die Maker|
|Location||Leeds, AL, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business. The company’s roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities.
- The company is seeking a Tool/Die Maker who will work in the pattern shop maintaining, building, and repairing trim, form press, and miscellaneous machining tools.
- Responsibilities include maintaining die and die component inventory
- Experienced tool and die technician, also familiar with sharpening all types of machine tools
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 plus years of job-related experience
- Assist with the training of manual machine operators
- Complete required tool hardening using heat-treating furnaces
- Fabricate, fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools using machine and hand tools
- Handling of external parts at the manufacturing cells
- Identify concerns and recommend countermeasures
- Inspect trim die equipment to ensure all specifications are met
- Interpreted drawing specifications
- Maintain all tooling related to the manual machining cells
- Organize and maintain storage of dies and related parts inventory
- Perform complex die repairs and modifications
- Perform corrective, scheduled, and preventive maintenance on trim die equipment
- Perform machine setups on the manual machining equipment such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, etc. to support the manufacturing cells
- Proper extraction, maintenance, and re-installation of die components
- Select materials to be used for the various die and fixture applications
- Set-up and operate conventional or numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Set-up, test run, and approve trim die performance for release to production
- Sharpen related punched and dies
- Perform all tasks in a safe and timely manner while adhering to all company policies
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders
- Knowledge of proximity switches, sensors, and applications
- TIG welding experience required
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.