Tooling Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Sunnyvale, CA, United States|
Facebook is a social media giant and works with a mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
The company is looking for a Tooling Engineer who can lead the tooling, process development, and production efforts through hands-on collaboration with Product Design, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance while playing a crucial role in research, planning, costing, and execution of future products.
- The prospective candidates should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Plastics, Materials, Mechanical, Process) from a college or welding school.
- Experience with 3D CAD design software, FEA, and mold filling simulation software
- Experience with a variety of commodity and engineering-grade thermoplastic and thermoset resins
- Experience with designing and/or manufacturing tooling for high volume, tolerance consumer electronics products, or similar
- Experience with molding techniques including insert molding, 2 shot molding, metal injection molding, die casting, transfer molding, liquid silicone molding, and thermoforming
- Experience with post-molding operations including but not limited to CNC machining, plastic coatings, ultra-sonic welding, silk screening, and heat staking
- Experience with SPC, DOE, GD&T principles
- Experience working with all types of hot runner systems as well as the associated troubleshooting of these systems
- Factory experience working with overseas vendors
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team in the selection of materials to meet performance, dimensional and cosmetic requirements
- Collaborate with product designers to improve the manufacturing feasibility of plastic, rubber, and metal parts using your extensive tooling experience as well as industry best practices
- Collaborate with tooling suppliers in the design, manufacturing, and qualification of world-class tooling, as well as supporting molding process development
- Identify disruptive technologies in all phases of tool design, tool manufacturing, and part creation, and work to implement them into mass production
- Lead the design and development of new plastic injection mold tooling to meet strict part and assembled device requirements
- Ongoing cooperation with our tooling suppliers to continuously improve tooling designs, tool manufacturing techniques, and molding processes based on optimization trials, and DOE results to guide informed decisions
- Provide strong guidance in the selection of machinery and equipment to improve the performance and consistency of our suppliers
- Travel (Up to 25%) to overseas vendor sites to help drive tool and part optimization
- Knowledge in metal part fabrication methods (die-casting, stamping, forging)
- Organizational skills and software experience (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to allow for project tracking and presentations as needed
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.facebook.com.