Website Spirit AeroSystems
Tooling Welder W Job Highlights
|Title||Tooling Welder W|
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States|
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles, and wing components for the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
The company is looking for a Tooling Welder to join its team for welding responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- The applicants should have completed a High School or GED
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience in the related field.
- Coordinate, plan, estimate, and sequence work with other employees.
- Know, understand, and perform material preparation, welding processes, and correct usage of amperage, voltage, pressure gauges, and tips, brazing, soldering, and bonding materials.
- Perform basic shop math.
- Perform various welding processes to fabricate tools including SMAW (Shield Metal Arc Welding), GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding), plasma arc cutting, and weld conditioning.
- Plan, estimate, sequence, and perform any task required to program applicable to weld shop, fabricate, weld, assemble, maintain, inspect, and repair any and all types of tools.
- Successfully pass and maintain weld certifications.
- Use and/or interpret tool and engineering drawings and models, sketches, templates, tool design manuals, verbal information, master tools, production parts, digital data, and various handbooks in accomplishing and communicating work requirements.
- Use processes such as cutting, grinding, spotting, painting, hand finish, shaping, bending, drilling, reaming, tapping, lay-out, welding, inspection, set-up, operate all types of fabrication and measurement equipment and machine tools required to fabricate tools.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift (2nd shift)
- Must complete a welding test before hire
Pass WorkKeys Assessment
- All Candidates must pass The WorkKeys Assessment (www.workkeys.com) or provide verification that they have passed The WorkKeys Assessment.
- Delay in completing your WorkKeys Assessment will result in a delay in your start date.
- You may complete your assessment in advance of an interview.
Spirit AeroSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-spiritaero.icims.com.