Website BNSF Railway
Track Maintenance Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Track Maintenance – Welder|
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
BNSF Railway provides railroad transportation services such as freight transportation services to industrial and commercial clients, including transportation of consumer, coal, industrial, and agricultural products.
The company is looking for a Track Maintenance Welder who will be responsible for track maintenance (constructing, inspecting, and repairing track); constructing, inspecting, and repairing other railroad property and facilities; and equipment operation and maintenance.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Age – 21 years of age or older
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of verifiable training or welding experience
- Assist in tracking maintenance
- Lift and carry track material
- Ensure trucks and equipment are in good repair
- Schedule regular service for welding trucks
- Submit necessary paperwork for truck and welding equipment repairs
- Maintain daily records and timesheets
- Operate welding truck safely and efficiently
- Weld, grind, and cut rail
- Ability to discriminate and differentiate between verbal and non-verbal sounds (signals, alarms, etc.) in the work environment.
- Ability to report for duty at the designated work location
- Able to bend, walk, stand and sit for an extended time
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. occasionally
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to use hands and hand tools to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning, and pulling
- Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow, and lunar (clear light)
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
- Able to work the above shift/hours
- Extreme all-weather conditions
- Loud noise and fumes
- Safety-sensitive work environment
- Walk and perform work on uneven surfaces
- Work on and around heavy/moving machinery
- Travel to and remain on job sites around designated seniority region, sometimes for extended periods of time, sometimes a week at a time
- Company-paid on-the-job training, including preparation, equipment, and expenses to obtain CDL
- FRA Tier II Qualification
- Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees
- Dues required per union agreement
Seniority District Transfers
- Director approval required
- Per union agreement
- 60 days
The company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
- Occasionally climb on/off equipment
- Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with test endorsements for combination vehicle, air brake, and HAZMAT or am able to obtain one within 60 days of employment
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bnsf.com.