Website GE Aviation
Tubing Fabricator & Assembler – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Tubing Fabricator/Assembler – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Hooksett, NH, United States|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is seeking an individual who will work collaboratively on the Tubing team to produce tubing assemblies for various engines lines.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- They should have a Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or Technical Certificate from an accredited university or college in a technically related field i.e., Manufacturing, Fabrication, or Mechanical Engineering
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a technical-related field i.e. manufacturing, fabrication, or mechanical engineering
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records
- Performing basic mathematical calculations using precision gages/fixtures and inspection measuring equipment and interpreting fabrication blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications, and drawings, etc., to determine set-ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks
- Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs
- Setting up and operating fabrication-related tools/equipment such as assembly fixtures, orbital welder, forming, cutting, cleaning, brazing, marking, etc.
- Training duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards
- EH&S processes and procedures
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
- Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
- Reading and interpreting mechanical/fabrication blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications, etc.
- Set-up and operation of machine/manufacturing/fabrication tools and equipment
- Use of manufacturing/fabrication/machine tool measuring equipment and gages
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.