Website Harsco Rail
Weld Lead (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Weld Lead – 2nd Shift|
|Location||West Columbia, SC, United States|
Harsco Rail, a division of Harsco Corporation, is a global supplier for railway track maintenance and construction. The company has a broad range of high-quality equipment, cutting-edge technology, and worldwide support. It takes care of virtually all major aspects of track maintenance and construction.
The company is looking for a Team Leader (Weld Lead) to join its team for manufacturing needs.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have preferably 1 year of experience in the area they will lead.
- Address quality problems
- Assist supervisor in cross-training objectives, including updates to the training matrix
- Assist supervisor in trouble-shooting procedures, including inspection and certification of assemblies outside standard operations
- Assist supervisor, at his or her request, with tasks associated with the team and/or their assigned department
- Distribute and deliver job assignments at the direction of the supervisor
- Interface with other plant personnel as required and assigned by the supervisor
- Perform administrative duties as directed by the supervisor, including tracking overtime and other time and attendance-related functions.
- Perform the normal duties of his/her classification and work with other Team members as provided in this Agreement based on the Team-based High-performance workforce concepts
- Process rejects and/or teardowns according to SWIs
- Relieve other employees within their assigned department from duty as directed by the supervisor or as appropriate due to the needs of the employee and their assigned department
- Train team members in safety rules and procedures in the operations of the team member’s assigned job to ensure safety and quality.
- Other functions as directed.
- Ability to communicate and direct other team members with appropriate courtesy and professionalism.
- Candidates must exhibit a positive/up-lifting “can do” attitude.
- Candidates should have a basic knowledge of BaaN system material transactions.
- Must be able to demonstrate appropriate computer skills, including e-mail, MS Office applications, and select reporting tools.
- Must be a qualified trainer for typical operations, including the ability to effectively demonstrate required skills and safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of applicable assembly specifications and quality standards.
- Must have knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of applicable Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) documents as required.
- Ability to perform the administrative duties assigned by the supervisor including but not limited to preparation, publication, and distribution of voluntary overtime logs and schedule, update and post-training matrix, perform transactions in EtQ, and other standard functions as directed.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.