Website Thermal Care
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Niles, IL, United States|
Thermal Care, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading manufacturer of process cooling equipment and systems for applications worldwide. Thermal Care provides heat transfer equipment to industries like plastics, laser, heat treating, food processing, machine tool, plating, anodizing, chemical, die casting, optical coating, and printing.
IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling, and industrial heat transfer markets.
The company is hiring a Welder who will use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
In addition, this role must follow blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams.
This position reports to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. a High School Diploma
- The candidates typically expect 3 to 5 years of direct/relevant experience based on the scope of the position.
- Experience assembling pump systems is desirable
- Experience with overhead cranes
- Determine appropriate welding techniques
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Fabricate components by using equipment to clean, prepare, cut, burn, and weld pieces
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals
- Verify welding results by inspecting and testing welds
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods;
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
The company offers profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program, and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.