Welder (2nd/3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd/3rd Shift|
|Location||Kansas City, MO, United States|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing and Technologies business manage the US Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico. It manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for the nation’s defense system.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing or military environment with demonstrated ability to work and excel in a team environment
- ASME Recognized Welding Certification or 4 or more years of welding experience
- Basic Qualification Needed to be Qualified for the Role
- May assist Process Engineer in evaluating equipment and processes and in developing welding settings as required
- May be required to pass certification tests to comply with welding requirements
- May check and top off lubricants as necessary
- May perform in-process inspection
- Must be able to work any shift, including 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift
- Performs and operates all types of welding equipment, operates flame-cutting equipment including travel graph, and may use furnace brazing equipment in order to support a range of product lines and objectives
- Performs torch tool hardening and annealing, electron beam welding, all types of torch and fusion bath soldering, cutting, brazing, aluminum welding, and fusion welding on metal and plastic materials
- Requires working knowledge of heat treating, annealing, and stress relieving
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- To be successful in this role, one should be skilled in welding practices, strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives, and assume a variety of shop roles when needed
- Uses all tools, fixtures, and equipment necessary to the performance of the task
- Welds tooling, parts, and materials
- Will be responsible for checking work for conformance to standards furnished for the operation
- Work involves close tolerance assembly on all phases of welding
- Works from prints, specifications, and other written or oral instructions
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft office applications, including MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ensure your financial well-being
- Help you beyond the office door
- Physical and behavioral well-being
- US Citizenship is needed in order to obtain and maintain the required US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.