Website Southern Company
Welder (Plant Farley) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder (Plant Farley)|
|Location||Dothan, AL, United States|
Southern Company is one of the largest energy providers. The company owns electric utilities in four states and natural gas distribution utilities in seven states. It is a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 4 years of previous welding experience
- TIG welding experience required
Welding Test Criteria-
- Welding test to consist of 2″ ex heavy carbon steel open butt in the (6) G position
- Welding test to consist of 2″ socket weld test
- Applicants should meet the physical requirements of the position, including but not limited to the ability to work at heights, balancing, climbing stairs, crouching, dust/vapors/gaseous, extreme noise, extreme temperatures, fine manipulation, forward-reaching, grasping, lifting, pushing/pulling, standing, talking, wet & humid conditions, bending/reaching, climbing ladders, crawling, driving automobiles, elevated surfaces, hearing, kneeling, overhead reaching, poor lighting, seeing, sitting, stooping, walking.
- The ability to work shift work and overtime after-hours work including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Must be respirator qualifiable.
- Must be trainable and willing to develop a career.
- Must possess oral and written communication skills.
- Strong safety awareness and history of adherence to safety practices.
- Successful qualification on MASS (Nuclear) pre-employment assessment.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The work environment may include working in adverse conditions such as poor weather and hot and cold temperatures and elevations.
- Competitive pay and a matching 401(k) plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Wellness Incentive Programs
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit southerncompany.jobs.