Website Martin Marietta
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||West Des Moines, IA, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada, and the Caribbean. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is looking for a motivated, maintenance-orientated welder for our regional maintenance crew. This position will be responsible for welding, fabricating, cutting, and miscellaneous mechanical work in the operating plants.
This position will be working in underground mines, surface quarries, sand plants, and our maintenance shop.
- The applicants should have a High School Degree duly completed from college, tech center, or welding school.
- The candidates should have previous welding/fabrication experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to obtain CDL
- Skill Trade Certification(s)
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant equipment
- Ability to weld, cut, and perform minor fabrication on plant equipment
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and in elevated areas
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mechanically inclined to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Proactive in Safety and works well in a team
- Willing to travel 60% of the time
This job operates 100% of the time in an underground or surface mine setting.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.