Website Lincoln Electric
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Macomb, MI, United States|
Baker Industries, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a manufacturing partner for custom tooling, fixtures, and molds. It provides innovative solutions for ergonomics, lightweight, precision, and speed.
The company is looking for a welder who will work in coordination with the Manager and other coworkers to ensure that all jobs are welded to the specifications of each job and meets the outlined requirements.
The applicants should have a High School Diploma/GED, or Certificate in Machine Tool Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience.
- Able to read blueprints and weld symbols
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, grinding, or bolting component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Documents actions by completing production timesheets
- Examining workpieces for defects
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Measure workpieces with straight edges, tape measure, scale, or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Operating equipment using safe work habits
- Proficient with GMAW and GTAW
- Weld components in all welding positions
- Weld steel, aluminum, invar, or other alloys
- Other duties as assigned
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee is required frequently to work from ladders and scaffolds.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.