Welder – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Nashua, NH, United States|
|Company||Proto Labs or Protolabs|
Proto Labs (Protolabs) is the world’s fastest digital manufacturing source for rapid prototyping and on-demand production. The technology-enabled company produces custom parts and assemblies in as fast as 1 day with automated 3D printing, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding processes. Our digital approach to manufacturing enables accelerated time to market, reduces development and production costs, and minimizes risk throughout the product life cycle.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for safely, productively, and skillfully creating beautiful metal fabricated parts to print using various welding tools and equipment.
Responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat application to form a permanent bond using TIG and MIG welding techniques.
Specializes in different processes of welding to join metals together. Proper maintenance ensures equipment runs in top condition and to full capacity, every day and the production environment is organized and efficient.
The primary responsibility of the Welder is to produce metal fabricated parts to customer print specifications using allotted standard times and processes.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent Degree (program)
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints and using 3D models
- Select and set up welding equipment
- Thin gauge metal components to create prototypes
- Use a rod and heat to join metals including steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Ability to operate welding equipment
- Ability to read and follow written work instructions
- Ability to read drawings and customer prints as required
- Familiarity with sheet metal measuring tools
- Good communications skills
- Mathematical ability
Proto Labs maintains ITAR-compliant operations in all the facilities based in the United States. Due to ITAR regulations, this role is only open to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN, or OPT) are not eligible for hire in this role.
Proto Labs is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer – Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.