Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Burnsville, NC, United States|
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries.
The company is looking for a Welder who will perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational training is desired
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Inspect assembly/components for conformance of specifications
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques
- Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell)
- Maintain daily time records
- Maintain shop tools
- Perform MIG welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols to determine sequence and methods of assembling components
- Read and interpret work orders
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events
- Trim, file, grind, sand, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools
- Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment
- Job duties may vary by location
- Ability to read tape measures, blueprints, and schematics required.
- Ability to read, writes, and comprehend required.
- Proficient knowledge of the following required – Welding/Mechanical
- Basic computer usage knowledge is required.
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holidays
Altec Industries its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.altec.com.