Website Chart Industries
Welder AP Job Highlights
|Location||La Crosse, WI, United States|
Chart Industries focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is searching for a Welder who will take up works like assembly, fabrication, and joining of non-ferrous and ferrous material using varied welding processes.
- Apparently, no educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma is a plus.
- Candidates with related work experience are considered a plus.
- Assembles and welds various size headers and related sub-assemblies.
- Identify and use proper Work Instructions and other related specifications.
- May rework piece parts prior to assembly to meet drawing specifications and tolerances.
- May weld with other processes and varied weldments and metals as warranted.
- Must check parts prior to assembly to determine if, after assembly and welding, parts will be within tolerance.
- Must identify material and markings to ensure proper piece parts and identification codes are present.
- Must train and pass ASME processes for MIG and TIG, both AC and DC, and to the 6G level for AC.
- Must weld to x-ray quality at all times and when required, pass x-ray and dye penetrant check of welds.
- Perform minor maintenance on all welding machines such as change torch, foot pedal, fuses, load and adjust MIG wire feeder, and check coolant reservoirs daily.
- Pre-bow assemblies as required.
- Preheat preparation prior to welding per instructions.
- Repair weld defects on headers and related sub-assemblies using proper repair procedures.
- Required to operate straightening press to obtain specified tolerances on finished assembly.
- Responsible for quality of weld joint and proper identification of the weld.
- Set up and operate a portable plasma cutter.
- Set up welding machines, check to see if the machine is operating properly, and set controls for proper welding conditions.
- The 6G and DC processes will be performed on an infrequent basis.
- Works from drawings and specifications.
- Responsibility to maintain proper housekeeping in the work area and keep machines in good operating condition.
- Also, responsible for the safety and quality of workmanship and procedures.
- Must have good dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Responsible for quality workmanship and requirements to reduce or eliminate hold points.
- Understand and work with welding codes, techniques, and special instructions.
- Use and interpret sub-assembly drawings.
- Use measuring devices and have basic knowledge of math.
- Work closely with support groups such as Auditors, Engineering, and Supervisors.
- Work with both MIG and TIG weld processes on aluminum and other metals when necessary.
- Work with fixturing and straightening press to obtain specified tolerances on completed assemblies.
- Bench Grinder
- Cleaning Tanks
- Hand and Electric Trucks
- Overhead and Jib Hoists
- Oxygen Acetylene Torch
- Portable Plasma Cutter
- Simple and Complicated Measuring Devices
- Small Hand Tools
- Straightening Press and Related Fixturing
- Various Hand Tools
- Various Jigs and Fixtures
- Welding Machines (MIG/TIG)
- Wire Brush, Chisel, and Burnisher
- Works in an average factory environment. Exposed to the following conditions: heat, sharp edges, sometimes above-average noise, burns, fumes, smoke, dust. Protective equipment and clothing were provided.
- Works in awkward positions: bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, standing, and sitting.
- Lifting 0 to 50 lbs.; most lifting by hand. When lifting over 50 lbs., two people are required.
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.