Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Cheektowaga, NY, United States|
Xylem is a water technology company and provides efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies. The company’s aim is to create advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
The company is looking for an experienced Welder who will fabricate and weld assemblies in accordance with ASME and Military Standards.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience, be able to read blueprints, and work independently.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of a vocational school in welding practices
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of fabrication setup and welding experience.
- Performs all levels of welding-brazing and set-up on Heat Exchanger Product. In accordance with ASME Code and Mil-Spec. Requirements must pass welding and set-up performance qualification tests.
- The position requires a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience.
- Methods applied and welding assignments may vary depending on skills and welding ability.
Tools and Equipment-
- Various types of manual and automatic welding, brazing and automatic and manual burning equipment, welding fixtures, shields, guards, hand tools
- Other welding equipment required: hammers, chipping and cleaning tools, gauges, wrenches, fluxes, blueprints, sketches peck spud welder, auto lathe welders
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous
- Clean up debris after completing each job
- Cleans parts and welds by appropriate means
- Obtains parts and materials within the department
- Requires ASME Certification, military certificate (brazing), and knowledge of ASME Section IX Standards
- Select and set up welding equipment required, position, jig up or clamp material to be welded or brazed to dimensional requirements. Adjust current input, selects gas to obtain proper weld for maximum strength
- Works from drawings, specifications. Use of scale, square, protractor, templates, straight edge, plumb line, and fixed gauges
- Must pass a welding test
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Lifting (30-35 lbs.), manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Typical manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.xylem.com.