Website Pegasus Steel
Welder/Fitters Job Highlights
|Ladson, SC, United States
Pegasus Steel is a world-class steel processing company that specializes in the cutting, forming, and fabrication of steel components from both sheet and plate in all grades of material, including stainless steel and aluminum.
The company is seeking a Welder/Fitter who will perform all kinds of welding, layout, fitting, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of welding experience
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Fabricate parts by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs parts by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Layout and fitting per customer drawings.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to read measuring taps and calipers
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to work in a team environment successfully
- Minimum of three years of welding experience
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand GD&T
- Must have attention and care to prevent injury to others when performing work.
- Must have knowledge of the metric system
- Must pass math and weld symbol test
- Must perform tasks safely as instructed orally and in written format
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and analyze written basic numerical information; use ruler, scales, and other physical measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions, information gathered from meters, dials, calibrated scales, visual display units. Ability to receive and understand instructions via radio or phone. Ability to summarize verbal instructions
- Ability to follow instructions, in a logical order, given in oral, written, or diagram form. Ability to apply quality standards against products and determine if defective and degree of defect. Ability to compile gathered information. Ability to solve practical problems with common sense.
- Ability to travel out of state for training as needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 200 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure is frequent to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles – eye protection is required, and fumes, machine vibration, and noisy conditions – hearing protection is required, high temperatures; and occasional to a restricted space work area.
Pegasus Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.