Website HMI Utilities (Henkels & McCoy Group)
Welder – Gas Distribution Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Gas Distribution|
|Location||Selma, TX, United States|
HMI Utilities (a subsidiary of Henkels & McCoy Group) is a utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for Power, Gas Distribution, and Communications markets throughout North America.
The company is looking for a Gas Distribution Welder to join its team for various activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Vocational training program in a closely related field
- Certified Welder
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30 Certifications
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of experience with gas distribution welding
- Experience in laying out, cutting, and fitting piping offsets in various diameters from ½” through 36”
- Assemble and secure tubes, fitting and related equipment according to specifications by welding, fusing, brazing, soldering, and threading joints
- Ensure that company equipment and materials are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner
- Gas Distribution Welder role is responsible for all duties related to the safe, efficient, and cost-effective welding, installation, and maintenance of natural gas plastic and metal distribution systems.
- Installing new steel and plastic gas mains and services using tools such as welding machines, fusion equipment, and cutting torches
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting, threading, and welding Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation, and other methods
- Performs welding, brazing, and metal cutting tasks on a pipeline, pipeline fittings, and other equipment
- The position will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions utilizing both hand and power tools. This position is required to perform the following functions:
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, with flexible hours inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs. and pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical assessment test.
- Mechanically inclined
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Professional development opportunities
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
Henkels & McCoy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit henkels.referrals.selectminds.com.