Website Collins Aerospace
Welder II – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder II – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Wilson, NC, United States|
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is seeking a Welder who will weld components using Heli-arc, TIG, and GATW welding equipment in accordance with blueprints, welding diagrams, and operation sheets.
Ensure work is accomplished with high quality, in a timely fashion, and is compliant with all company, city, state, and federal regulations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- In the absence of an HS Diploma or GED, 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- The candidates must have previous welding experience.
- Apply filler rods to the molten area to form welds.
- Assist in training other production welders.
- Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
- Clean parts using a solvent.
- Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of United Technologies, including, but not limited to Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance, and Human Resources.
- Connect regular valves and bases to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torches.
- Examine welds for bead size, penetration, and other specifications.
- Grind off excess slag or spatter.
- Hold torches at proper angles to joints to be welded.
- Interpret schematics and/or technical drawings.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform welds, such as Clamp to Tube, Bracket to Tube, Lugs and Doublers, Fittings.
- Plan and perform diverse hand and machine welding and associated metal joining and processing operations to fabricate experimental or repair parts. Tools and other special equipment are required for engine development or overhaul programs.
- Position parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or welding positions
- Prepare parts for welding, align and secure details, program computer-controlled welding equipment, make up chill bars and shields. Determine the sequence of operation and activate the machine-welding cycle or manipulate the hand-welding torch to complete the welding cycle. Use portable welding equipment as required throughout the assigned area.
- Read and interpret X-ray film or utilize the black light process to determine the extent of repairs required, build up finished machined surfaces, and repair cracks and other imperfections.
- Repair welds by referring to rejection sheets and by interpreting x-ray sheets.
- Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
- Select torch, torch tips, filler rods, and fluxes prescribed by blueprints, welding diagrams, and operation sheets.
- Set prescribed amperage, gas flow, speeds, and feeds to obtain desired welds.
- Take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads, and supervisors.
- Turn regulators and flow meters to activate the flow of gases.
- Weld, braze, and cut nitronic, aluminum, titanium, stainless steel, and SAE 4130 sheets of steel according to blueprint specifications and operation sheet instructions.
- Work from drawings, sketches, schedules, and verbal instructions to select suitable welding equipment, holding devices, attachments, and help tools required for joining process and make required settings to equipment, gas flows, and other parameters to obtain quality welds.
- Work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A thin wall welding experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.