Welder (MIG/TIG) Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st/2nd shifts)|
|Location||Wood Dale, IL, United States|
nVenia is a leader in the design and manufacturer of packaging equipment and solutions. The company delivers efficiency, agility, collaboration, and innovation by turning integrated packaging capabilities into solutions.
The company is looking for a Welder who will embrace teamwork, collaboration, employee development, and accelerated growth.
- The prospective applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of welding experience
- Knowledge and experience with Lincoln and Miller controls
- Grind and polish all sharp edges on workpieces as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Perform basic machining math including fractional, decimal/feet, and inches conversion.
- Read and interpret drawings including symbols, welding symbols, material type, material shape, and imperial to weld and fabricate parts, components, frames, and weldments.
- Utilize measuring tools as required: tape measure, caliper, machinist square, protractor, OD micrometer, etc.
- Verify weldments conform to drawings and specs and make corrections as required.
- To weld on a broad range of metals and alloys for a wide variety of complex precision assemblies, involving a considerable amount of welding to high strength and pressure requirements.
- Weld parts, components, frames, and weldments per drawings.
- Competent with MIG Welding
- Competent with TIG Welding
- Read and understand blueprints
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times loud.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Regularly required to stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Frequently required to grasp, handle/feel objects, control/manage tools, and use hands/arms.
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account including dependent care, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401-k, paid vacation time, and paid holidays.
nVenia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.