Welder Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Wilmington, MA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Welder Technician who has the following things:
- Actively participates in the development, implementation, and application of processes (assembly and test) for mechanical, electromechanical, electronic instruments and instrumentation; all devices developed and manufactured at this facility.
- Assignments will include activities involved with both prototype development and ongoing or legacy production support.
- Support Design, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and the Materials Organization in the development of product, processes, and associated documentation for both the development of new product and improvements needed for the legacy product (existing production).
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Legacy product and production runs. Perform all manufacturing tasks (fabrication, assembly, and test) required to support ongoing production at this site.
- Process improvement and Operational Excellence participation. Proactively support on daily basis opportunities to improve the new and existing manufacturing processes, fixtures, tooling, and equipment. Support may be in the form of suggestions and/or active participation with engineering teams focused on process improvement and Operational Excellence initiatives utilizing formal tools such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, and others.
- Product and process development support. Interface directly with Design, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering assisting with the development and documentation of the new products, associated processes, fixtures, tooling, and equipment. Capable to build qualification and first build products from sketches and note-level documentation.
- Support product transitions. Support the preparation of product, equipment, fixtures, tooling, related documentation, and processes for transitions to other AMETEK manufacturing sites.
- Automated or semi-automated TIG, plasma, and laser welding processes
- Manual plasma, TIG, and laser welding in accordance with applicable specifications
- TIG and laser welding certifications (certification required within 90 days of upgrade to or hired into this position)
- A flexible work environment with the potential for rotational assignments.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.