Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
The company is searching for a Welding Engineer who will primarily provide expertise in the welding metal components utilizing manual and automatic processes, i.e. GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, LBW, etc.
- The applicants should have a Master’s Degree or Higher in Engineering with a concentration in Welding and/or Materials Science from a college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing mechanical and metallurgical testing on weld samples necessary to meet API 17E requirements.
- Minimum 3 years of experience programming and operating Polysoude, AMI, and Swagelok orbital welding equipment on austenitic stainless steel, super duplex stainless steel and nickel alloy small-bore tubes that pass all API 17E required non-destructive, mechanical, and metallurgical testing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with super duplex stainless steel umbilicals purging long length tubing coils (1+ miles long) for umbilical tie-in and termination welds
- Must have 3 years of experience generating non-destructive testing, mechanical testing, and metallurgical testing matrices for weld samples based on API 17E.
- Must have 3 years of experience using a weld data logger to record weld parameters for qualifications welds.
- Must have 3 years of experience writing Welding Procedure Specifications and Procedure Qualification Records based on successful qualification results.
- Advise staff on metallurgical issues, particularly when material welding, bonding, or fusion is of issue.
- Assist in failure analysis and apply expertise to recommend and evaluate specific tests required to fully understand failure issues.
- Create weld programs for Polysoude, AMI, and Swagelok orbital welding systems.
- Develop and qualify welding procedures for Oceaneering’s welding activities.
- Partner in activities with Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and others as needed.
- Provide expertise and interpretation on welding industry standards such as AWS, ABS, NACE, API, ISO, ASTM, and ASME.
- Provide knowledge to the Quality Department in regard to welding NDE, to include best techniques for NDE evaluation and industry acceptance.
- Provide onsite weld defect prevention instructions. Train welders in the proper use of the orbital GTAW equipment, including demonstration of equipment through hands-on use to solve welding issues.
- Review, approve and provide comments on specifications, drawings, plans, and procedures.
- Travel within the US and internationally on a frequent basis (40% of time spent working away).
- Work as Team Leader on the development of new or existing weld techniques or processes, particularly in regard to small pipe and tubing technology.
- Work with engineering to optimize designs for welding quality and efficiency.
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.