Website Siemens Energy
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for all related technical welding processes during initial development, through weld process set-up and execution, to the final NDE of a weld that meets or exceeds engineering requirements.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Welding Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 6+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment working directly with shop floor personnel
- Experience with WPS development and management welder PQRs. Must have a full understanding and hands-on experience with the relationship of WPS to welding specifications and applicable industry standards.
- Must show experience developing and defining executable welds using both manual and automated processes
- Develop and manage testing procedures for both PQRs and WPSs in alignment with industry standards and applicable code.
- Meet welding demands of a fast-paced production environment.
- Plan and execute welding procedures with applicable equipment, tooling, and machine programming for automated and semi-automated processes
- Provide technical leadership to the Rotor Welding department and ownership of its deliverables
- Demonstrable history of working with multiple codes including ANSI, ASME, API, AWS
- Have an in-depth understanding of welding metallurgy and the ability to explain details to engineers without a welding background.
- Inspection understanding as it relates to weld integrity (sample test, dimensional test, destructive test, non-destructive test, determination of required corrections following inspection, determination of conditions for corrective actions including heat treatment).
- Develop better interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive organization and quality
- Network and develop relationships with various customers.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees may be eligible for internal transfers.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.