Website Magellan Aerospace
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Middletown, OH, United States|
|Company||Magellan Aerospace Ltd.|
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide.
The company is looking for a candidate who can conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- The applicants should have a fifth-year college or university program certificate.
- The candidates should have 2 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Analyzes engineering designs for welding requirements.
- Conducts failure analyses and cause analyses on welding issues.
- Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- Ensures the weld department meets all NADCAP and customer requirements. Leads all weld audits including NADCAP certification and customer audits.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes pre- and post-heating requirements which involve the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post-heating requirements.
- Evaluates new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Manages weld procedure qualifications and generating welding procedures to help the manufacturing and welding teams.
- Oversees experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Prepares technical reports as a result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
- Provides training and certification for all welders, weld operators, and weld inspectors. Works with HR to maintain records and ensures all training/certification documentation is kept up to date.
- Research, evaluate, justify, and recommend capital equipment for the weld area. Prepare capital project requests and manage their implementation.
- Reviews weld procedures, processes, and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of semi-automated GTAW weld processes
- Additional knowledge of resistance and laser welding
- Attractive benefits package
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including cookouts, holiday parties, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit magellan.aero.