Website Leggett & Platt
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Middletown, CT, United States|
|Company||Leggett and Platt|
Leggett & Platt designs and manufactures innovative, distinctive products and components for use in bedding, furniture, seating, homes, offices, airplanes, and automobiles.
The company is seeking a Weld Engineer who can support production welding processes by providing knowledge on industry best practices, and a keen eye for continuous improvement.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Metallurgical Engineering, Material Science, or Equivalent from an institute/welding school or equivalent work experience.
- The candidates must have strong welding background and shop operations experience.
- Experience within the Aerospace manufacturing industry preferred.
- Coordinate welding best practices and implement floor process optimization and control methods.
- Develop and implement advanced welding processes including MIG/TIG, Orbital, and Braze.
- Help create, maintain, and approve work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements.
- Provide input for manufacturing release reviews, manufacturing process options, and evaluate manufacturing process.
- Review design standards to provide input to designs and part process standards.
- Significant interaction with production, quality, and materials management teams.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workday/projects independently
Leggett & Platt is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Note: Due to government contract US Citizenship is required for this position.
To apply for this job please visit careers.leggett.com.