Website Miller Electric Mfg.
Welding Lab Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Lab Technician|
|Location||Carol Stream, IL, United States|
|Company||Miller Electric Mfg.|
Miller Electric Mfg. is an industry leader in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health. The company’s products are designed with the users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture, and marine applications.
The company is looking for a Welding Lab Technician who will support the robotic welding applications lab. The candidate will work closely with welding engineers to support and carry out testing and validation of different processes to assist the sales team.
The position will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the applications lab to be presentable for customer visits and meet the needs of varying applications.
- The applicants must be actively pursuing with a tentative graduation date set, or already possess an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Welding Technology
- The candidates must have at least 1-year of experience working in a welding shop
- Adjust and set up varying robotic and welding equipment as needed
- Assist welding engineers in fixturing and setting up customer parts for feasibility studies
- Conduct simple application studies on robotic welding equipment. Conduct cycle time estimates and feasibility studies and present findings to the sales team
- Contact and arrange contractors for cleaning, building repairs, landscaping, etc.
- Help prepare welding feasibility reports presenting to the potential customers
- May assist on service calls locally
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining lab area, related equipment, tools, and supplies
- Shipping and receiving of customer parts and other shipments as needed
- Simple building maintenance as needed
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand up to 12hrs
- Must be able to work safely in a welding environment and around heavy equipment
- Must have a thorough knowledge and skillset of common welding processes (GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, and FCAW)
- Must have basic computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office software
- Must have strong organization and communication skills
- Must have the ability to examine welding processes from a theoretical and hands-on perspective
- Must have the ability to understand weld prints and welding codes
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Robot experience is preferred
Miller Electric Mfg. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.