Website John Deere
Manufacturing Engineer (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer (Weld)|
|Location||Dubuque, IA, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich, and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is looking for a Welding Manufacturing Engineer who will mentor engineers, technicians, and welders in support of the Crawler Business Unit.
Note: VISA Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology, or Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering with Welding Emphasis, Controls (college/university), or equivalent
- Possess work-related experience
- Lead the development of capital expenditure justifications by developing accurate cost estimates for equipment, tooling, facilities, and labor
- Provide project management leadership to capital, expansion improvement projects
- Lead team studies related to capacity, productivity, and efficiency. Lead a team to address quality issues by utilizing Root Cause Analysis Mistake Proofing by gathering and analyzing data. Working with design, tooling, advanced technologies, maintenance other functional areas to resolve issues
- Ability to work OT, off shifts, and weekends based on business needs
- Experience using computer-aided design or engineering tools (i.e., ProE, AutoCAD, VisMockup, WeldPRO, etc.)
- Experience with JDAAT or other MES systems
- Experience with line design, material presentation, and visual management tools such as simulations and 3D factory
- Experience with PLC ladder logic
- Experience with process automation and controls
- Experience with Sequence of Events and Operator Method Sheet development
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with wage employees, supervisors, managers, and other engineers
- Experience in project management and business planning; small strategic projects or large tactical projects
- Experience programming and troubleshooting robotic welding applications in a manufacturing environment. (i.e., Fanuc systems)
- Knowledge of capital budgeting and equipment justification
- Knowledge of manufacturing weld processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance, and facilities
- Self-motivator with the ability to execute a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Adoption assistance
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Flexible work arrangements
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution to the Health Savings Account
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings and Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Purchase Plans and numerous discount programs for personal use
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deere.com.