Website Universal Engineering Sciences
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
|Company||Universal Engineering Sciences|
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) provides essential engineering services that include geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing/inspection, building code compliance, environmental, and building envelope.
The company is seeking a Certified Welding Inspector to join its team for the construction operations.
- Applicants must be a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) by the American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Non-Destructive Testing Level II, Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT), and Visual (VT) Level II, Ultrasonic (UT) certifications are beneficial
- The candidates should have previous work experience as CWI in the related field.
- Ability to attend client meetings related to pre-construction, pre-fabrication, and other construction meetings to provide information about quality requirements
- Ability to review plans, specifications, and project special provisions to verify compliance to material quality
- Ability to work with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met at the project site or in a fabrication facility
- Ability to write technical reports with photographs
- Familiarity with Construction Materials Standards, Specifications, and Codes (AISC, ASTM, AWS)
- Familiarity with sampling and testing of construction materials (structural steel, other steel products, bridge components) in accordance with project standards and specifications
- Interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) on project sites.
- Must be able to follow directions, perform responsibly with minimal oversight properly
- Perform inspections as a Certified Welding Inspector on various projects
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Responsible for the inspection and documentation of welding inspections in the areas of building code compliance
- The ability to properly interpret construction documents and prepare well-written and concise reports capturing all necessary elements is required
- The technician must be able to work safely in a construction environment.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Clean DMV report a must (WKA participates in Pull Notice program)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets and Portable Document Formats (PDF)
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- The technician must have the ability to read construction plans and specifications, the ability to understand construction procedures, and knowledge of Standard Codes
- dental and vision plans
- Health Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Paid Holidays
Universal Engineering Sciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran. The company is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.