Manufacturing Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer II|
|Location||Canton, OH, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer II who will be responsible for designing and developing tools, fixtures, and processes to support existing products and new product development initiatives. These will include but are not limited to:
- CNC machining
- Equipment manuals
- Plant layouts/material flow
- Robotic material handling cells
- Applicants require a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical area (college/university) (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering are preferred).
- Possess 5+ years of engineering experience (required)
- 3D modeling experience is required (Creo 7 preferred).
- Experience in procurement of manufacturing systems and equipment required.
- Formal training in robotic systems or CNC machining is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in tooling and fixturing methods is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand basic equipment diagrams (hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical)
- Must demonstrate an ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and GD&T.
- Production experience is preferred.
- Professional experience in manufacturing engineering in a metalworking and fabricating environment is desirable.
- Must champion the engineering design process (concept, design, drawing creation, build, document), installation, PPAP, and long-term technical support of the manufacturing processes. This will include meeting quality, capability, cost, and time targets.
- Also, participate in product and process design reviews.
- Responsible for helping to improve the quality of the product while lowering the cost to produce it.
- Must be able to develop and implement capital or expense projects. This will include-
-Researching new and established manufacturing technologies
-Planning the capital and time needed to implement the technology
-Writing CER (Capital Expenditure Request) proposals to be reviewed. Upon project approval, this engineer will be responsible for: Procuring the necessary equipment, Installing it in the manufacturing plant, and Meeting cost and time targets.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, and ethical
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and collaborate with different functional groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Frequent sitting, working at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lead the physical assembly of his/her own mechanical machine designs, making adjustments as needed.
- Must be willing to travel to Hendrickson manufacturing facilities on an as-needed basis
- Travel up to 25% to the plants as needed
- All necessary PPE (as defined by OSHA) and training associated with such will be provided.
- Be working in and around industrial machinery.
- May be exposed to the following processes and the environmental conditions inherent with each: welding, machining, forming, metal surface treatment, laser cutting, plasma cutting, and other metal working and assembly processes.
- Office setting and shop floor setting
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.