Website Pactiv Evergreen
Mechanical Maintenance Planner Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Maintenance Planner|
|Location||Pine Bluff, AR, United States|
Pactiv Evergreen is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh food service and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons. The company supplies the products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full-service restaurants and quick-service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers, and food processors.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Maintenance Planner who will be responsible for analyzing, planning, and scheduling mechanical maintenance activities in support of safety, production, cost, and availability goals.
This role is specific to planning for the mechanical maintenance at the Pine Bluff Mill.
Specific experience with industrial mechanical equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, power and transmission systems, conveyors, hydraulics, and pneumatics is expected.
- The applicants should have a 2-year degree or higher in Industrial Mechanical Maintenance and 1-year experience in Industrial Mechanical Maintenance.
- The candidates should have 2 years or more of experience in planning in an industrial environment OR
- 3 years or more experience in Industrial Mechanical Maintenance (Millwright, Pipe Fitter, Welder, Machinist).
- Apply all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, safety, environmental, and OEM standards.
- Complete precision paperwork.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials and work history.
- Lead contractors for area projects as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records for maintenance activities for work orders and equipment history.
- Manage costs and strive to achieve area availability goals. Provide detailed plans to reduce equipment failures.
- Plan for the safe and efficient execution of work orders including safety requirements in the job plan, accurate labor estimates, material cost estimates, and duration of jobs as well as procuring required resources, equipment, and materials.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all scheduled shutdowns and long-duration outages. This includes parts procurement, job scopes, resource assignments, contract maintenance, etc.
- Position expected to develop supervisory skills and progress towards future crew Foremen positions.
- Provide on-call coverage; work together with the area crew Foreman in response to issues that come up outside of normal working hours throughout the week
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision-making and other responsibilities.
- Update area preventative maintenance recurring work orders in SAP as needed.
- Work on rotating weekend coverage schedule. While on call, expected to be the first responder on weekend coverage for all mechanical equipment failures. Identify the problem, identify the needed parts, and resources, and supervise the needed repairs.
- Work within a team of production and maintenance personnel to achieve objectives and strategies along with tactical planning.
- Evergreen Packaging may require the satisfactory completion of certain job-based assessments that candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
- Must be able to read prints and schematics
- Must be able to troubleshoot maintenance issues associated with common equipment and systems.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in basic maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ability to look ahead and respond appropriately
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution and Influence (Influential Leadership)
- Energetic, Self-Starter
- Organizational Agility
- Organized and Effective planning
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills
- Hydraulics experience
- Microsoft project experience.
- Papermill experience
- Pneumatics experience
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pactiv-evergreen.icims.com.