Website Trans Mountain
Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Burnaby, BC, Canada
Trans Mountain operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast. It delivers approximately 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products each day.
The company is looking to hire a Mechanical Technician who will be responsible for carrying out checks and inspections, regular maintenance, and required repairs of all components of the pipelines and facilities, including pipeline pumping equipment and components that ensure maximum up-time availability of the and the day-to-day and safe remote Operations of the pipeline system.
The position will report to the Burnaby/Westridge maintenance manager.
- Applicants should have a Journeymen Millwright Diploma (required)
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship training for the Millwright trade and a Red Seal Interprovincial endorsement (preferred)
- High School completion along with Community College with a 4-year Millwright apprenticeship
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the millwright trade with related mechanic work experience
- Welding and pipefitting would be an asset
- Contractor oversight and monitoring
- Keep Canada, Emergency Response, Global, and all other relevant mechanical training
- Maintain facility motors, pumps, valves, mechanical seals, samplers, mixers, thermal relief valves, full flow relief valves, densitometers, flow meters, dock loading arms, and all related mechanical equipment.
- Operations Station and Facilities scheduled checks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail is critical
- Availability to be on call as part of an on-call rotation
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits programs including flexible benefits, pension, and savings plans
- Focus on the health, safety, and mental well-being of our workforce
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The company welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.transmountain.com.