Pipefitter, Construction Job Highlights
|Title||Pipefitter – Construction|
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is recruiting for a Pipefitter who will support the internal Self-Perform Construction Team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- An Associates’s Degree in Engineering or Technology is a plus.
- Completion of a skilled trade certificate program and/or relevant military experience is preferred.
- The candidates should have demonstrated proficiency and work experience with construction pipefitting.
- Experience with Process Piping systems (i.e. High Purity piping, orbital welding)
- Accurately log work hours and material consumption using provided computer systems and software.
- Act as an in-house construction technician, planning and performing mechanical piping and equipment installation, including support of start-up and commissioning of those systems as needed.
- Assist with planning, material acquisition, coordination, and communication to ensure the work gets completed with a focus on meeting project deadlines and cost goals without impacting ongoing production.
- Display a positive attitude and practice a strong work ethic that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of Tesla, Inc.
- Engage in training on new tools, systems, equipment, and procedures as needed.
- Enthusiastically cross-train and support peers with project work that is outside of your, or their, core skill set.
- Identify and communicate quality, safety, and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Identify and openly communicate methods, procedures, and tools to improve the service offerings of the facilities project team.
- Support other projects when needed as business needs change.
- Able to lift up to up to 60 lbs., repetitive at times, work at elevations up to 50 ft.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge with piping systems, fitting installation, and applicable codes.
- Detail-oriented, positive attitude, resourceful, and able to manage shifting priorities.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience in safe work practices that include writing a Job Hazard Analysis, knowledge of OSHA regulations, electrical safety, chemical handling, fall protection, LOTO.
- Willingness to travel
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.