Pipefitter – Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Pipefitter – Fabricator|
|Location||Freeport, TX, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/ process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company requires a Pipefitter Fabricator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Candidate must be able to layout, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems, on basis of knowledge of system operation and study of building plans or working drawings.
- The aspiring applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent.
- 2 years of formal Pipefitter training may substitute for up to 2 years of helper experience
- Should have 1-2 years of experience as a journeyman Pipefitter or Boilermaker
- Should have 1-3 years of experience as a Pipefitter Helper or similar experience
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders
- Demonstrate ability to accurately perform field measurements and sketches
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to properly use oxyacetylene flame-cutting equipment
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools appropriate for the job
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man-lifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Some types of jobs will require special training. Examples: The fusion welding of “Polyethylene” pipe; the handling and assembling of “Gifford/Hill Concrete Pipe,” the assembly of various lined pipes and testing according to manufactures data
- The employee must be able to use a standard and/or metric ruler to measure
- The employee must understand rigging and cable selection. Must be able to determine the weights of various pipes by using the industry approved weight tables
Wood is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Note: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.