Website Zachry Group
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (Day Shift)|
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Zachry Group provides engineering, construction, maintenance, turnaround, and fabrication services to the energy, chemicals, power, manufacturing, and industrial sectors.
The company is seeking an experienced industrial journeyman pipefitter with the ability to assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on fluid, steam, or gas systems. The pipe systems include flanges, pipes, valves, supports, hangars, gauges, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working at heights of access of 300 ft.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Zachry ROF’ed employee
- Former Zachry Employee
- Formal/Technical Education
The applicants must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment
- Identify all tools required for tasks
- Perform tests to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications
|1 – Metal Tool Box with Lock|
|2 – Torpedo Magnetic Level|
|1 – 25′ Tape Measure|
|1 – 5 Gallon Plastic Bucket|
|2 – 12″ x 24″ Framing Square|
|1 – String Level|
|1 – 8″ Crescent Wrench|
|1 – 14″ Pipe Wrench|
|1 – 24″ Pipe Wrench|
|1 – Pipefitter’s Blue Book|
|1 – 420 Channel Locks|
|1 – Torch Lighter (Striker)|
|1 – Chalk Line|
|1 – Set of Allen Wrenches|
|1 – Line Up Bar|
|2 – Combination Open/Box End Wrenches (7/8″, 15/16″, 1 1/16″, 1 1/8″, 1 1/4″)|
|1 – Screwdriver (Flat)|
|1 – Set of Tip Cleaners|
|1 – Pair of Leather Gloves|
|1 – 24″ Level|
|1 – 16′ Tape Measure|
|1 – Pair of Cutting Goggles|
|1 – Center Finder|
|1 – 4″ Wraparound|
|1 – 12″ Crescent Wrench|
|1 – 18″ Pipe Wrench|
|1 – Center Punch|
|1 – Wire Cutters|
|1 – Plumb Bob|
|1 – Set Blinding Wedges – Small|
|1 – Hacksaw|
|1 – 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer|
|1 – Phillips Screwdriver|
|1 – Combination Set – Tri- Square, Protractor, and Center Finder|
|1 – 3/8 Ratchet Drive with 3/8″ to 1″ set|
|1 – Construction Calculator|
|1 – Rain Suit|
|1 – Rubber boots|
- Employees will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, and lifting.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind; and must be able to work for a long period of time up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves, and steel-toe boots.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls, and tools.
- Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
Zachry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment.
To apply for this job please visit zhi.mua.hrdepartment.com.