Senior Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Bethel, CT, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is recruiting a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will provide manufacturing engineering support to all functions and acts as a liaison between design engineering and production.
Additionally, participates in cost-out, configuration management, BOMs, and MRP system structuring updates and supports plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement/cost-out initiatives across the organization.
Executes the organizational strategic plan consistent with established industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Possess a minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Act as technical liaison for products from inception through shipment to the customer.
- Compose Capital Appropriation Requests for the acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
- Coordinate and facilitate the needs of the Manufacturing Support Group, i.e., vibration, welding, and machine shop.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost-efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with corporate-accepted Lean manufacturing practices. Perform root cause and failure analysis as required. Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrate ability to understand the source(s) of variation and identify the impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
- Manage multiple projects and deliver to schedules on time.
- Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize the useful life of products. Apply Design for Manufacturing and Value Engineering practices as applicable.
- Write new production routings for new products, establishing labor time standards for each operation. Periodically review and update routings to conform or improve techniques to reduce labor. Update active routings including proceedings, times (labor), and documents included, such as special procedures, and tooling design; develop procedures to help integration of 3D printers into new product development and tool design.
- Vibration system experience
- Ability to develop and make special tooling and test stands encompassing all disciplines, communications, purchasing, and pricing methods.
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of industry and customer-specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100, etc.).
- Knowledge of product and end-user application/specifications, including product testing requirements (design/process interface).
- Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Understanding of problem-solving methodologies to determine root cause and corrective action – i.e. Thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of Bethel, CT will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.