Website Schuff Steel
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Eloy, AZ, United States|
Schuff Steel provides structural steel fabrication and erection services. They include engineering, structural steel erection, project management, structural steel fabrication, arenas/stadiums, convention centers, preconstruction, parking structures, data centers, etc.
The company is searching for a Welder who will weld in all positions and utilize a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals and is certifiable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 12 months of stable work experience
- Must pass a required weld test
- Certification in AWS D1.1 weld test
- Capable of passing welding test in accordance to AWS D1.1
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish
- Follows applicable welding procedures (AWS, AISC)
- Keeps work area organized and clean
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
- Perform gouging and scarfing as needed
- Transport material by a crane as needed and required
- Welds on ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any required position
- Welds structural, bridge, and industrial materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction
- Equipment Knowledge and Skills a variety of hand tools and welding equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Action-Oriented enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Driven for Results can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Functional/Technical skills have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Integrity and Trust are widely trusted; is seen as a direct truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening/Communicating practices attentive and active listening has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- The company offers competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits.
DBM Global (Schuff Steel) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.