Website ConcealFab Corporation
Welder II Job Highlights
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
ConcealFab Corporation engineers and manufactures infrastructure mounting and concealment solutions for 4G and 5G deployments as well as products that minimize passive intermodulation (PIM).
The company is looking for a Welder II who can contribute to the manufacturing of fabricated products in a fast-paced environment by interpreting engineering documents and utilizing modern welding equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, or college.
- Associates Degree in Welding is Preferred
- The candidates should have 3 years of relevant working experience as a welder.
- Ability to pass welder qualification test(s) using GMAW and Metal Cored Arc Welding (MCAW) on plate and pipe per American Welding Society (AWS) codes on carbon steel and stainless steel materials.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of welding equipment.
- Ability to understand and satisfy job requirements based on work instructions, welding procedures, and Engineering documents (shop drawings, 3D models) with welding symbols.
- Ability to work independently within established processes and procedures with relative supervision.
- Ability to work on more complicated components and products such as specialty attachments, poles, 4G/5G dual tiers, specialty pole tops, etc.
- Attends welding, inspection, and job-related training and gains moderate proficiency in comprehension and application.
- Capable of cross functioning within the department, and on rare occasions into other manufacturing departments based on production demands.
- Capable of fitting and welding simple to moderate weldments using shop math.
- Correctly and accurately completes job-related paperwork such as travelers and checklists.
- Knowledgeable and skilled with the following welding processes and equipment; Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilize and gain proficiency with tools such as tape measure, angle grinder, die grinder, clamps, hammers, manual plasma machine, cranes, and pipe layout tools to aid in the welding process.
- Visually inspects own and team welds to ensure quality and determine basic discontinuities or defects, using inspection tools. Receives moderate guidance and instruction from qualified welding inspectors to make inspection determinations.
- Able to follow directions from Welding Supervisor to achieve daily tasks and expectations.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Embrace 5S practices by conducting daily workplace examinations, maintaining a clean and organized workplace.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by company policy.
- Maintain a positive attitude when priorities shift and designs change in a quickly evolving industry.
- Safely and efficiently use tools and equipment to layout, cut, fit-up, and weld a variety of metal products in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Understand set up and function of welding machine
Frequently: standing, walking, sitting, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination, close and distance vision, lifting up to 50lbs, and carrying up to 50lbs
Pay Scale ($17-24/hr)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Up to 9 paid holidays per year
- 401k Retirement Plan and matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
ConcealFab is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.