Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Minneapolis, MN, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional service firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is seeking a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will inspect and ensure that proper welding and radiographic procedures are qualified and utilized.
In addition, the inspector will maintain appropriate documentation, including MTRs, detailed as-builts, and weld mapping.
All activities must be performed per client specification, approved for-construction drawings, API-1104, and industry standards.
- The applicants require a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) through the American Welding Society with documented and verifiable work experience related to transmission/process piping and API-1104
- The position requires a minimum of either the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) Coating Inspection Program (CIP) Level 1 Certification or the Association for Materials Protection and Performance (AMPP) Basic Coatings Inspector Certification
- Obtain Operator Qualification (OQ) status as required by the project
The candidates are expected to have previous work-related experience.
- Assure all welding materials are of proper type and quality, they have been stored according to manufacturers’ specifications, and damaged materials are not used in the pipe welding
- Assure any design changes or material substitutions are discussed with the Construction Manager, Chief Inspector, and proper Company approval is obtained
- Assure the repairs made to correct defects in a pipe weld sufficiently corrected the defect, and the weld satisfies the requirements as outlined by the appropriate codes and operator specifications
- Be familiar with the approved construction drawings and Company specifications
- Completing and submitting relevant inspection reports that accurately describe the work performed on the project in a manner such that the welds inspected may subsequently be identified per current standards
- Ensure compliance with all project-specific environmental requirements
- Have a basic understanding of welding techniques, positions, consumables, weld preparation, drawing requirements, and maintain a detailed inspector’s logbook
- Inform Chief Inspector immediately of any safety or construction deviations or any problems and anticipated problems
- Keep the Chief Inspector aware of any problems, or anticipated friction points, with the project
- Monitor the quality of the welds performed per the WPS and client specifications to ensure sound welds are completed
- Plan and organize inspection duties in advance
- Possess an understanding of the relationship between quality assurance, quality control, and inspection procedures
- Responsible for tracking all materials used for pipeline construction, including joint numbers, joint lengths, and heat numbers associated with all materials (pipe stock, fittings, etc.)
- Taking a proactive approach to safety on the job site and reporting safety issues to the Chief Inspector, Construction Manager, and Safety Inspector
- Understanding the Contract document as it relates to their duties on the project
- Verify a welding procedure is established and that each welder is qualified for the work they perform
- Verify all materials used in the installation comply with Company requirements
- Weld Inspector may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities relating to pipeline construction inspection observation and documentation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate to other team members and client personnel clearly
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports and correspondence
- Skilled with MS Office suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform a visual inspection of construction crew quality of work; using measuring devices; or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Able to perform in both inside and outside environmental conditions in all four seasons throughout the continental United States – extreme cold (temperatures below 32° Fahrenheit) or extreme heat (temperatures above 100° Fahrenheit) for periods of more than one hour.
- Client testing facility (occasionally)
- Construction Sites or Client Right-of-Way (R.O.W.)
- Corporate office (occasionally)
- Frequent ascending and descending of ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs or hands and arms up in and out of pipeline bell-hole/trench/excavation.
- Lifting objects in excess of 50 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- May require extensive driving to reach job sites or client/E2 offices.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.