Website BAE Systems
Welding Project Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Project Engineer|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Louisville, KY, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems does the big stuff i.e. the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair, just to name a few.
The company is looking for a Welding Project Engineer to lead manufacturing process improvements at our site, where we support naval weapon production.
This role will focus on improving weld processes across the site including new equipment and product integration.
- The prospective applicants should have passed B.S. Degree in Weld Engineering or Weld Engineering Technology from a college/welding school or in a relevant technical discipline.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience in a relevant manufacturing environment.
- Experience with developing cost-benefit analysis and estimating production standards.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations. Ability to set up, organize, and populate Manufacturing Engineering production information using Microsoft Access, Excel, and Project.
- Develops or contributes to the creation of welding standards and specifications.
- Develops work documentation including routings and work instructions to guide the welding workforce on how to perform welding tasks.
- Identifies weld equipment needs and pursues capital expenditure for implementation.
- Prepares and conducts weld engineering analysis of materials and procedures, assists with weld procedure and performance qualifications efforts.
- Provides engineering support for welding operations in the manufacture of weapon systems including submarine missile tubes and major caliber naval guns.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions. Research, develop, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met. Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to the welding areas of production.
- Reports status of projects on a regular basis to management staff and customers.
- Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification
- Defense contractor experience
- Experience with Capital Project implementation of new equipment and/or factory setup
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems such as Baan or Oracle
- Familiarity with NDT procedure qualification to T9074-AS-GIB-010/271 or similar
- Familiarity with weld procedure and performance qualification to NAVSEA S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248 or similar
- Previous experience with the digital introduction on equipment for weld parameter tracking such as Millers Center Point
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification
- Ability to develop and present technical information to all levels of management and customers.
- Ability to work with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Be able to effectively communicate in both written and spoken English, and work effectively with others.
- Excellent planning, time management, organization, and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Expert knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of Weld Engineering and knowledge of equipment and technologies relevant to Welding and Weld Engineering.
- Moderate knowledge of nondestructive testing scope and capabilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals and Lean concepts, practices, and procedures.
- ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.