Welding Secrets (2nd Edition) is an extensive stunning guide for the self-taught welders and experience holder welders. The handbook is authored by Hal Wilson. The book explains various welding topics on processes with pictures and helps aspiring students to become good welders. Besides this, it also helps welders working on jobs.
Welding Secrets (2nd Edition) by Hal Wilson
The following is all about the content of the handbook.
Table of Contents:
1. How to Remove A Bad Bearing Race or Cup from A Hole?
2. How to Build Up A Worn Shaft?
3. How to Burn A Nut Off A-Bolt and Save The Threads on The Bolt?
4. How to Expand A Nut?
5. How to Shrink A Nut?
7. How to Remove A Broken-Off Bolt?
8. Case Hardening
9. How to Square A-Frame by Welding or Peening?
10. How to Make A Warped Steel Frame Lie Flat?
11. How to Weld A Screen Wire to A Steel Frame?
12. How to Make A Smooth Cut with A Cutting Torch?
13. How to Do Overhead Welding?
14. How to Weld Thick to Thin?
15. How to Make A Smooth Bead?
16. Vertical Weld
17. How to Flux Lead?
19. How to Burn A Weld and Save Both Pieces?
20. Big John
21. Notch Effect
22. How to Remove A Broken-Off Tap?
23. Built-in Stresses
25. How to Burn Through A Large Steel Shaft?
26. My First Commercial Weld
27. Cast Iron Welded with Nickel Electrodes
28. Straighten 6-Inch Strip
29. Clevis on Channel Iron
30. How to Temper A Chisel?
31. How to Make A Circle Lie Flat?
32. How to Remove A Stuck Sleeve from A Hole?
33. How to Shrink A Steel Pulley?
34. Reinforce Inside of Tubing or Pipe
35. How to Repair A Crack Ln A Piece of Tubing?
36. Weld Inserted Pipe
37. Another Method for Welding Pipe
38. Build Up Inside of Tubing
39. Test Welds
40. Flying Coaster
41. Roller Coaster
42. Cracked Center
43. Peening Test
44. Cross Brace
45. Test Welds on Low Carbon Steel
46. “Direction of Travel” And “Back-Stepping”
47. Why A Weld Bead Shrinks More Where It Stops Than It Does Where It Starts
48. Confined Expansion
49. The Exception to The Rule
50. Magnaflux Testing for Cracks
51. Water Tank
52. Back Stepping
53. Broken Trailer Frame
54. Air Lifts
55. Subjects of Non-Welding
56. Cover A Padded Bar with Upholstery Hooks or Eyes on Spring
57. Make A Coil Spring
58. Cooling Fin
59. Shaft Will Break at Shoulder
60. How to Temper Small Parts?
61. Rod Ends
62. Find Diameter of Numbered Machine Screws
63. Which Way to Turn A Turnbuckle
64. Dish in Wheel
65. Blowing Grip on Bar
66. How to Find A Tap Drill Size Without A Chart?
67. Finding Half of a Mixed Common Fraction
68. Simple Hardness Tester
69. Fusibility: The Ease of Melting
70. The heat of Fusion of Metals
71. Thermal Conductivity of Metals
73. Typical Ferrous Materials
74. Uses for Steel by Carbon Content
75. Aws Electrode Classification System
76. Temper Colors
77. Melting Points of Some Elements
Thus, Welding Secrets (2nd Edition) is an important book for enhancing skills both for the self-taught welders and experience holders.
Related: Other Important Welding Handbooks